F. A. Ali ElSenossi began his journey in this world in North Africa after
the end of W.W.II. His family has a long history of connection to the
Sufi Path (Tasawwuf).
He is a Murshid within the Tariqa Burhaniyya - Dasuqqiyya -Shadhuliyya and carries a strong affiliation with the Shaykh al Akbar, Muhyi Din ibn Arabi. He was a resident of Hobart, Tasmania from 1990 to 2012 and is has now relocated to Broken Hill, New South Wales to oversee the establishment of the new Bookshop and Study Centre.
Under his direction and care, Almiraj Sufi & Islamic Study Centre and Almiraj Sufi Books were established in 1991 in Hobart and now Sufi Books of Broken Hill is open in Broken Hill, New South Wales.
Australias first Sufi magazine, The Treasure, has been published under his guidance since 1998.
Each Friday, our Murshid gifts us with a talk at the centre and collective dhikr is held weekly.
He has many murids within Australia and worldwide who maintain regular contact with him. He is also the spiritual director and a marriage celebrant for the Outback and Regional Muslim Communities in Australia.
Sufism - The Psychological Spiritual Teaching of Islam
By the Name Of the Merciful
Why were all the worlds and the creation (that which we see and that which is hidden from us) created?
the Holy Quran, Allah has said "(Oh Muhammad), Say: "If ye
do love God, Follow me:God will love you and forgive you your sins:
For God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Holy Quran 3:31 Aly
In a Holy Saying (Hadith Qudsi), the Beloved Allah gives us the answer. Allah says "I was a Hidden Treasure and I loved to be known so I created the creations and through Me they knew Me" (Faby 'arafouni).
The cause of our existence and the existence of all creations is Pure, Divine Love. To rediscover this Love we have to look closely and investigate deeply. If we contribute towards bringing this Divine Love to realisation, no matter how insignificant our effort may seem, it could be the one that tips the scale - for it is not quantity but rather the quality of the action which counts. We truly believe that if we start on a sound foundation, based on Divine Guidance and teaching, our chances of success will increase a million fold.
The Holy Prophet of Allah has said to his companions, "How I long for my brothers who have not come yet. They said: Are we not your Brothers, O Messenger of Allah? He replied: No, you are my Companions . . . how I long for my brothers who have not come yet. They said: Are we not your Brothers, O Messenger of Allah? He replied: No, you are my companions. How I long for my brothers who have not come yet! They asked: Who are your brothers? He replied: A people who come at the end of the cycle, of whom the spiritually active one shall have seventy times as much (spiritual awareness, knowledge and ma'arifa) as you have. They asked: Seventy times as much as we have or they have? He replied: As you have. They asked: Why? He replied: Because you find assisstance in doing good, and they find no assistance." (The Grace that the Beloved Allah will shower upon those who consciously and spiritually struggle).
And we are living in this cycle.
There is no compulsion in religion; guidance and error have been clearly distinguished; he who rejects false deities and believes in Allah has a hold on a secure handle which shall never break, and Allah is All-Hearing, All Knowing Holy Qur'an [2:256]
And he who submits himself to Allah, intelligently and knowingly, has grasped the secure handle and to Allah everything shall return Holy Qur'an [31:22]
Say: We believe in Allah, and that which has been bestowed from on High upon us, and that which has been bestowed upon Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and their descendants, and that which has been vouchsafed unto Moses and Jesus (Isa), and that which has been vouchsafed to all the other Prophets by their Sustainer: we make no distinction between any of them. And it is unto Him that we surrender ourselves. Holy Qur'an [2:136]
"Take off then thy shoes." Holy Qur'an [20:12] (Discard your misconceived ideas and pre-conceived ideas)
And the Supreme Being, the Beloved
Allah told His Beloved in the Last Revelation to the creations, the
Holy Qur'an: "Say O' Muhammad, 'O' Mankind, verily I am Messenger
of Allah to all of you, sent by Him unto Whom the dominions over the
heavens and the earth belongs.
Our visiting friend, greetings of peace to you and to us.
You have come upon the Almiraj Sufi and Islamic Study Centre, which is by sheer Divine Luck, or by destiny. If you wish to continue, read on.
We are giving the glad tidings to humanity by saying that the pinnacle of Divine Teaching and Message to all creations is complete. The cycle has reached its end and the experience and the transformation which humanity in particular has experienced through the duration of 124,000 Prophets and Messengers of the Beloved Allah, from Adam, the first Prototype, Human Being, and Prophet of Allah, to the Illustrious and Luminous and the Last Prophet and Messenger of the Supreme Being, the Universal Man, the Chosen One, the Merciful, the Kind, the Lover and the Beloved of Allah, Ahmad Muhammad al- Mustafa, may the Salutations and Peace be upon him every time he is mentioned by those who love him consciously, and every time he is not mentioned by those who do not mention him deliberately.
The Supreme Being said in regard
to this luminous gift:
And the Holy Prophet said: "I am a gift of Mercy."
If you explore this gift of mercy and look to the beautiful heart teaching with open eyes, you will find this wonderful love and fresh teaching has barely opened itself and the Beloved Allah is still continuous in showering and manifesting His Divine Love and Illuminations on all creations. The Final Message of Allah, the Holy Qur'an, in its descent is complete and final, but infinite in the unfolding. This is because the essence of this Message is within the Essence Itself, and its beauty is never-ending. The Beloved Allah has told us, "Allah is Beautiful and He loves Beauty."
What we are saying is this,
It is the responsibility of every one of us, man and woman to take stock of ourselves, not to counterfeit ourselves and sell ourselves short in this age of technology and accessibility to Pure Divine Love and Knowledge.
Do not blame your parents, or your personality, or society, or your geographical location in the world or your so-called karma, or anybody else for what you are.
The Beloved and Merciful Allah gave every man and woman the opportunity to undo what has been done and unshackle the chains through genuine exercise of determination. Through this teaching, you will be able to have access to and unveil the realities of all and to know your purpose in life.
So, determined will is what the Beloved and Merciful Allah has placed within you. When you tune your will to the Will of the Beloved Allah, you will experience the wonderful illuminations of Unity of Time, Unity of Place, and Unity of Essence.
In a nutshell, you learn the art of surrendering your will to the Beloved Allah.
In a Holy saying Allah says, "Heaven and earth contain Me not, but the heart of my faithful slave contains Me." To be a slave to the Supreme Being and to work towards this aim is much better than to be slave to everything else; that is our self-love, material enslavement, and all other forms, psychological or physical enslavement that we are directly or indirectly conscious of. To be a slave of One is better than to be a slave of many and this is where our Freedom lies. Then we will understand when Allah said, " I am with the person who remembers Me."
We are in the end of the Cycle, but not the end of time! Now is the time for every human to make the effort towards becoming a fully conscious Human Being. Our time has arrived and the New Dawn has arisen. Decision making is a duty and the responsibility of your own self, before your Creator and before the creations, large and small, is to think, and what you think you should say, and what you say you should do and what you do should bring success, love, harmony, knowledge, illuminations, gentleness, kindness, humbleness, generosity and a well-adjusted self and a balance to yourself and to all creations. This is called the Real Islam, or you could say the Total Surrender, Tasawwuf, the complete art of purification and transformation.
So now it is time to decide, my dear brothers and sisters in humanity, about your purpose in this life. Are you going to be the problem or the solution to the modernisation and heedlessness that has lead to this world crisis? Are you going to strive towards the success of civilised, not just modernised, humanity?
One should investigate, without prejudice or preconceived ideas and with the greatest respect to the methodology and teaching and the Complete Message of the Way of the Greatest Master of all ages and of all times, the Holy Prophet Muhammad Rasulullah, the Luminous One, the Universal Man and the Beloved of the Beloved, may the endless Salutations and Blessings be upon him as long as there is a grain of sand on earth and orbiting stars in the heaven. Ahmad, he is the Key to the Mystery of all, in its inwardness, and in the inward of the inwardness.
The Beloved Allah has told us in
His Holy Words in the Blessed Qur'an:
And the Beloved of Allah, the Holy
Prophet Muhammad has said:
La ilaha IL Allah
To understand this Unity, we have to dive into the Core of the Heart teaching of Islam, which is known throughout the globe from the earlier times of Islam, as Tasawwuf, or Sufism.
It wasn't always the case that the exoteric and the esoteric were taught separately; both were taught by the Holy Prophet to his companions.
Tasawwuf is an integral part of the Holy Prophet's teachings to all creations and this Method has the capability and the means to transform the twenty-first century of humanity to luminous Human Beings full of love and care for one another and for this wonderful planet that we live on. The Method is not difficult or complicated. It is finding the elusive self.
The Merciful Allah has told us that this transforming self has seven stages of consciousness and they are all mentioned in the Blessed Qur'an. Their precise names are detailed as well, but all we need is the knowledge because whoever is revived by knowledge will never die, that is, the Real Knowledge of Divine Love.
We are detailing the seven states to give an idea of what we are talking about and how one could find the source of the Sufi Teaching in the Holy Qur'an.
State of Belief: Islam (Outward Submission)
"The desert Arabs say "We believe" ['amana'] say: Ye believe not, but rather say, we submit [aslama] for the faith hath not yet entered your hearts." Holy Qur'an [49:14]
State of the Self: Nafs al-Ammara (The Animal Self/The Ego Self)
"The (human) soul is certainly prone to evil" Holy Qur'an [12:53]
State of Belief: Iman (Belief)
"Each one (of the men of faith) believeth in Allah and His angels, His books, and His Messengers." Holy Qur'an [2:285]
State of Self: Nafs al-Lawwama (The Complaining Self)
"And I do call to witness the self reproaching spirit: (eschew evil)" Holy Qur'an [75:2]
State of Belief: Ihsan (Perfection)
"Verily in the Messenger of Allah ye have a beautiful example " Holy Qur'an [33:21]
State of Self: Nafs al-Mulhamma (The Inspired Self)
the soul and the proportion and order given to it;
State of Belief: 'Ilm al-Yaqin (Knowledge of Certainty)
you could understand with an understanding of certainty"
State of the Self: Nafs al-Mutma'inna (The Self at Peace)
righteous soul will be said): O' (thou) soul in (complete) rest and
State of Belief: 'Ayn al-Yaqin (The Eye of Certainty)
This knowledge comes
from seeing the Light of Love with the Inner Eye (Basirah).
State of Self: Nafs al-Radhiyya (The Well-Pleased Self)
"Come back thou to thy Lord - well pleased (thyself)" Holy Qur'an [89:28]
State of Belief: Haqq al-Yaqin (The Truth of Certainty)
To be consumed by the Divine Love. To become one with Reality.
"When Moses came to the Fire, a Voice was heard, 'O' Moses, verily, I am thy Lord. Therefore put off they shoes, thou art in the Sacred Valley Tuwa." Holy Qur'an [20:11-12]
State of Self: Nafs al-Mardhiyya (The Well-Pleasing Self)
"And well-pleasing unto Him." Holy Qur'an [89:28]
State of Belief: The Pinnacle of Islam - Total Submission to Allah
Islam - the very
essence of Islam is istislam which is going
State of Self: Nafs al-Kamila (The Perfect Self)
The Life of the
Senses (Hayat ash-Sha'ur)
The Seven stages of journeying
to Allah come under slightly different names, such as:
That is to die before you die, or as the Saints of Allah say, "O' friends, if you seek life, then die before you die."
The transformation of the ego is what it means, because the Beloved Allah wants us to live for His sake, not to die for His sake.
The Gift of Life is very precious and the chance we have through being alive in this moment in time is a great opportunity to say 'Bismillah' and take the first conscious step by helping to remove the unpleasantness which surrounds humanity and could trigger a chain reaction of annihilation. So say 'Bismillah' and let the Love of Allah penetrate all aspects of our life, so that we may be counted amongst those who made a difference.
May the Merciful Allah illuminate your hearts and ours and make us a source of bringing this Glad Tiding to reality.
And Allah speaks the Truth and He guides all to the Abode of Peace.
Wa ma taufiiq illa billah
Murshid F.A Ali ElSenossi
|Back to index | Back to the top of this page | Sufi Books of Broken Hill|
Sufism, why is so much emphasis placed on love of the Holy Prophet?
The following talk given at the Almiraj Sufi and Islamic Study Centre will provide clarification.
Colour Your Life with Love for the Prophet Muhammad (saw)
In the Name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful we begin and in Him we put our trust. All Praise is due to Allah and unlimited salutations upon our Holy Prophet Muhammad. Peace be upon you and the Mercy of Allah my dear brothers and sisters.
Allah teaches us in the Quran about the greatness and importance of the Holy Prophet Muhammad. Complete and total submission in Love to the Holy Prophet is absolutely necessary to achieve success in the spiritual journey. Allah and His Angels continually send salutations upon the Holy Prophet and we also should excel in giving salutations of peace and blessings upon him.
Allah addresses The Holy Prophet in the text of the Quran, saying "Say to them: If you claim that you love Allah, then follow me. Then Allah will love you". In order to gain the love of Allah, we must take the steps necessary to embody the love of our Holy Prophet to such an extent that it penetrates the very core of our being and colours our life, our thinking and our daily affairs. The Holy Prophet said "I have been sent to complete the higher etiquette (akhlaq) and he also said 'Your religion is conduct'. Part of religion is worship. You could compare worship (ibadah) to a tree and its' fruit to conduct (mu'amalah). No one becomes a true believer until his desires are in accordance with the wishes of the Holy Prophet. Here we need to examine ourselves thoroughly to see whether our desires and our actions are in accordance with the teaching of our Holy Prophet Muhammad.
The problems and upheavals in the modern world are unique. Every nation on the Earth is boiling over with difficulties. There are no easy solutions to all of these problems, but the solution is in the purity of the Islamic teaching and with Muslims who are awake and conscious of this responsibility. The book of Allah contains everything that we need. The mystery and enlightenment of the Quran are found within the Universal Man, The Holy Prophet Muhammad. He is the perfect example of the implementation of the guidelines that we find in the Holy Quran. When asked concerning his character, his beloved wife Aisha answered "He is the embodiment of and a walking Quran".
The Quran and the Science of Prophethood together open the way for the seeker of Truth and men and women of higher awareness - they provide the answers that have eluded humanity for so long.
The perfect solution for humanity is found within the esoteric teaching and the Science of Prophethood within Islam. The teaching of The Holy Prophet Muhammad will once again come alive in all nations. The Holy Prophet said 'Islam will enter every house'. Not through television or other media, but through active teaching.
We must ask ourselves as Muslims - Do we really love the Holy Prophet Muhammad more than our children, our businesses and our families? This is what is required from us if we truly desire success in this life and the life to come.
One of the great Companions of the Holy Prophet (saw), Omar ibn al Khattab, came into his luminous presence and said to him "Oh Messenger of Allah, I love you more than anything except my own self". The Holy Prophet replied to him "Oh Omar, you cannot be a true believer until you love me more than yourself". Without hesitation, Omar immediately replied "Oh Messenger of Allah, then I love you more than anything, even my own self". Upon hearing this, the Holy Prophet smiled and laid his hands over Omar's heart and said "Now; now you are a true believer".
Once you completely surrender to the love and teachings of The Holy Prophet, then you become a true believer, when this love permeates the very core of your being - then - success is yours.
When we are physically ill, we go to the doctor. We follow his directions explicitly, to the minutest detail - even if it includes getting up in the night to take the prescribed medicine. When we are unwell, the regaining of our health becomes like a religion to us and we would go to the ends of the Earth if we had to.
However, when we open a book that contains the prescriptions of the Holy Prophet (saw) to cure our spiritual sickness, we are unable to hear or see. We say, 'Insha'Allah later on perhaps, when I'm older'. None of us has a contract with Allah that states that we will live until we are 70 or 80 years old. We live our lives as if they will continue forever, but in the time of the Holy Prophet, the Companions were concerned about their brothers if they went to sleep at night without writing their will and tucking it under their pillow. Their awareness of death was much higher than ours and they knew that they did not have a guarantee they would wake up in the morning. Today, we don't write wills, we take out life insurance 'just in case'. Death seems so far removed from us, we rarely give it any thought. Until it comes upon us suddenly and we cry "Oh Allah, send me back, so that I may do some good deeds" and Allah says "No, but it is only a word that they say".
We don't get a second chance, so the opportunity we are given in this life is very important. To be lucky enough to accept the message and then to become one of the 'Mahdi' (rightly guided ones) who will guide others to Allah is an enormous gift and blessing from Allah.
There are so many different interpretations of the coming of the Mahdi and Christ. With everything there is the inner and the outer. One is the universal concept and one concerns us as individuals. What's important for us on an inner level is the Hadith, which says that the Dajjal (Antichrist) will enter every town except for Mecca and Medina. Mecca and Medina are analogous to the Heart and the Spirit. In the Arabic language, 'Dajjal' means 'to mislead' or 'the one who misleads'. In this case, the Antichrist is analogous to the Nafs (or lower self). There is no need to wait for the end of time for the Dajjal to come - take the opportunity to work on your own self, your 'inner dajjal' now.
In the writings concerning the end of time, it is also said that Gog and Magog will come out and drink all the water, and destroy a great part of the Earth. The Gog and Magog are representative of the bad thoughts that eat up all the good things that we think about Allah.
So, the Antichrist is your ego self, bad thoughts are your Gog and Magog and your Heart is the Mahdi. If your heart becomes surrendered to the teaching of The Holy Prophet, the Mahdi within you comes alive and becomes 'the rightly guided one'.
Allah said "Neither My Heavens or My Earth contain Me, but the Heart of My believing slave contains Me". If our heart is on the right track and headed in the right direction, then it will guide us to our destiny - which is nearness to Allah.
My dear brothers and sisters, please
remember that Allah gives us a great blessing when He places in our
hearts love of the Quran and the certainty that the Quran is the Word
of God. Our salvation is in the Quran. We must also understand that
in order to reach the doors of the Quran, we must follow in the footsteps
of the Holy Prophet Muhammad. We need to set aside time in our daily
lives not only for salutations upon the Holy Prophet, but to try and
embody the life and etiquette of his message. He was the master of correct
behaviour and a walking example of the Quran.
What we need is a return to the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (saw). This prescription contains everything that we need to heal the world's difficulties and all of the diseases of the 'self' that we see today.
To be modernised, you can follow any of the teachings of today, but to be civilised , you must follow the teaching of the Prophet Muhammad (saw), the Perfect Master of Mankind - the One that Allah sent as a Mercy to the Worlds.
We ask Allah (swt) to grant us nearness to Him, by Him, for Him and to fill our hearts with the love of for His Beloved, The Holy Prophet Muhammad, the love of his teaching and the love of his example. We ask Allah to make us into one of those who will guide others to the teaching of Muhammad, the Holy Prophet of Allah.
There is no success except in the following of The Holy Prophet. We ask Allah to take us by the hand and guide us to his Love, Insha'Allah. May Allah forgive us and guide us to Him. Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Alamein.
|Back to index | Back to the top of this page | Sufi Books of Broken Hill|
The Geography of Paradise
Paradise is of two types, relevant to both the outward and the inward - the Paradise of the Senses and the Paradise of the Spirit (the Immaterial). These are related to each other in the same way that there are two worlds - The world of witnessing ('Alam as Shahadah) and The world of the Unseen ('Alam al Ghayb); The world of density (kathif) and subtlety (latif); The Phenomenal World ('Alam al Mulk) and The Celestial Realm ('Alam al Malakut).
The Self that does as she has been commanded (to fulfil the Divine Plan), achieves a degree of felicity (nai'm) of the things that she loves; spiritual knowledge and the knowledge of Divinity and Being. She also gains felicity in whatever other desires she may have. The knowledge that this self possesses creates a particular type of Paradise for her. The self will be blessed with all that she desires and whatever has been refrained from in the material world will be granted to her. This is the Paradise of the Senses. The Paradise of the Immaterial is the spirit of the Paradise of the Senses.
The Holy One, Sayyidina Ali, the fourth successor of the Holy Prophet (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), said "If the veils were removed from my eyes, it would not increase me in certainty". His knowledge of Allah was of such a high degree, he witnessed that knowledge while still in this realm.
There are many different categories and levels of Paradise and each individual may experience one or more of these states of bliss, according to their own development.
1. Al Wasila - 'The Means'. This is the highest state of Paradise. This is reserved exclusively for the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
2. Al Adan - Eden
3. Jannat al Firdous - the Paradise of Paradise.
4. Jannat al Khuld - Limitless, perpetual, eternal Paradise.
5. Jannat un Nai'm - The Paradise of Bliss.
6. Jannat us Salam - The House of Peace.
7. Jannat ul Maqam - The Paradise of rank, position and dignity (or standing).
8. Jannat al Ikhtisaas - The Paradise of the field of specialisations
9. Jannat ul Mirath - The Paradise of Inheritance/Escheat - Those unfortunate ones who are not of the people of Paradise are shown what was to be their place, and then informed that because of their actions in this world, that place is now forfeit. It reverts back to its original owner, who gives it to whomever He pleases.
10. Jannat ul 'Amal - The Paradises of Actions - The Paradise of work, toil and function. These paradises are in accordance with the 99 Beautiful Names of God. Each Name manifests as a different type of paradise. They are created from the Divine Happiness (farah al ilahi).
No one ever feels deprived in any level of Paradise. Each is in the presence of Allah according to his or her station and is pleased with their abode. As we mentioned above, the Paradises are created from the Divine Happiness; from the attributes of Divine Perfection (kamal). The result of being in that state is the overwhelming feeling of exhilaration of that happiness and contentment (ibtihaaj/surur).
|Back to index | Back to the top of this page | Sufi Books of Broken Hill|
The Development of the Self and the States of Consciousness According to The Word of Allah
In The Treasure magazine (The Vehicle of Light part two), we have presented the diagrams of the 7 movements of the prayer, the names of the positions and their corresponding states of consciousness; the stations of the self and one of the primary Names of Allah related to that particular movement.
As we are dealing with the Universal prayer in the highest sense of the meaning and the powerful symbolism it represents, working from the 7 verses of 'the mother of the book' - Al Fatihah to the 7 circumambulations of the Kaaba, the earth and heaven; we are deliberately not indulging ourselves in explanations of the celestial bodies and their influence on the creations at large. We are taking the advice of our Master, Shaykh Muhammad Jalal ud Din Rumi, in his Mathnawi, he states "The influence of a piece of bread on you is more powerful than the effects of all of the Zodiac signs".
However, we are adding as an attachment to the Vehicle of Light, Door of Prayer, the heavens and the earth and their related states of consciousness. Our source is the ocean of the Holy Quran - the ocean without shores. These verses are not fixed in their listed categories, but flow from one to the other with the development of the self. As the words of Allah are keys to Infinity, one verse (Ayat) has the power to transform and luminate any human - to become a saint of Allah, with the permission of Allah.
Our purpose in bringing this out is so that one may, if one desires to, go back to the Source and contemplate on these verses of the Holy Quran, each of which is a door to limitless knowledge. The real story of the primordial self has been detailed totally and completely in the Holy Quran. In the Holy Quran, the descending and the ascending are totally clear for all who have eyes to see.
Level One - Nafs al Ammarra - The Animal Self
1. "To Allah belong the treasures of the heavens and the earth. But the hypocrites understand not. (63.7) Al Munafiqun
2. "Allah is He who created seven firmaments and of the earth a similar number". (65.12) At Talaq
3. "And Allah has produced you from the earth, growing" (71.17) An Nuh
4. "And Noah said, Oh my Lord, leave not of the unbelievers, a single one on the earth". (71.26) An Nuh
5. "They said, these two are certainly expert magicians. Their object is to drive you out from your land" (20.63) At Taha
6. "His plan is to get you out of your land by his sorcery; then what is your counsel?" (26.35) Al Shua'raa
7. "And the unbelievers said to their apostles: Be sure that we shall drive you out of our land, or you shall return to our religion." (14.13) Al Ibrahim
8. "And they say: If we were to follow the guidance with thee, we should be snatched away from our land." 28.57) Al Qasas
9. "If Allah were to enlarge the provision for His servants, they would indeed transgress beyond all bounds through the earth." (42.27) Al Shura
10. "And on this day shall ye be recompensed with a penalty of humiliation, for that ye were arrogant in the earth." (46.20) Al Ahqaf
11. "Show me what it is they have created in the wide earth, or have they a share in the heavens?" (35.40) Al Fatir
12. "On account of their arrogance in the land and their plotting of evil, but the plotting of evil will hem in only the authors thereof." (35.43) Al Fatir
13. "Assuredly, the creation of the heavens and the earth is a greater matter than the creation of man, yet most men understand not." (40.57) Al Mu'min or Al Ghaafir
14. "That was because ye were wont to rejoice on the earth in things other than the Truth, and that ye were wont to be insolent". (40.75) Al Mu'min
15. "Say, go ye through the earth and see what has been the end of those guilty (of sin)". (27.69) An Naml
16. "And he was arrogant and insolent in the land, beyond reason, he and his hosts". (28.39) Al Qasas
17. "There were in the city, nine men of a family who made mischief in the land and would not reform". (27.48) An Naml
18. "And the parable of an evil word is that of an evil tree, it is torn up by the root, from the surface of the earth, it has no stability". (14.26) Al Ibrahim
19. "(Ibis) said, Oh my Lord, because thou hast put me in the wrong, I will make wrong fair-seeming to them on the earth and I will put them all in the wrong". (15.39) Al Hijr
20. "Say, If there were settled on earth, angels, walking about in peace and quiet, We should certainly have sent them down from the heavens an angel for an apostle". (17.95) Al Bani Israil
21. "If it had been Our Will, We should have elevated him with Our signs, but he inclined to the earth, and followed his own vain desires". (7.176) Al Araf
22. "But they ever strive to do mischief on earth. And Allah loveth not those who do mischief". (5.67) Al Maida
23. "There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but forms part of communities like you". (6.38) Al Ana'm
24. "Those who behave arrogantly on the earth in defiance of right, them will I turn away from My signs". (7.146) Al Araf
25. "As to those who reject faith and die rejecting, never would be accepted from any such, as much gold as the earth contains, though they should offer it for a ransom". (3.91) Aly Imran
26. "To Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth; to Him do all questions go back". (3.109) Aly Imran
27. "Many were the ways of life that have passed away before you: travel through the earth and see what was the end of those who rejected Truth". (3.137) Aly Imran
28. "But if ye deny Him, lo - unto Allah belong all things in the heavens and on earth" (4.131) An Nisaa
29. "It is He who has spread out the earth for His creatures". (55.10) Ar Rahman
30."And Allah has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out)" (71.19) An Nuh
31. "He has created the heavens and the earth for just ends, far is He above having the partners they ascribe to Him". (16.3) An Nahl
32. "Do then those who devise evil feel secure that Allah will not cause the earth to swallow them up, or that the Wrath will not seize them from directions they little perceive?" (16.45) An Nahl
33. "Do not the unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one) before We clove them asunder?" (21.30) Anbiya
34. "If the Truth had been in accordance with their desires, truly the heavens and the earth, and all beings therein would have been in confusion and corruption". (23.71) Mu'minun
35. "And neither heaven nor earth shed a tear over them, nor were they given a respite" (44.29) Dhukhaan
36. "(it grows) till the earth is clad with its golden ornaments and is decked out (with beauty): the people think they have all powers of disposal over it. Then reaches it Our command by night or by day and We make it like a harvest clean mown, as if it had not flourished only the day before". (10.24) Yunus
1. "And when the prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land". (62.10) Jumua'h.
2. "He knows that there may be some among you in ill health, others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah's bounty". (73.20) Muzammil
3. "He is the Creator of the heavens and the earth". (42.11) Shura
4. "The Way of Allah, to Whom belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth". (42.53) Shura
5. "Verily in the heavens and the earth are signs for those who believe". (45.3) Jathiya
6. "If it be that ye can pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, pass ye". (55.33) Rahman
7. "But do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land". (28.77) Qasas
8. "And do they not see that We do drive rain to the parched earth (bare of herbage) and produce therewith crops?" (32.27) Sajda
9. "Those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayers and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong". (22.41) Hajj
10. "That which is on earth We have made but as a glittering show for the earth, in order that We may test them, as to which of them are best in conduct". (18.7) Kahf
11. "We broke them up into sections on this earth. There are among them some that are righteous and some that are the opposite". (7.168) Al Araf
12. " Call to mind when ye were a small (band), despised through the land, and afraid that men might despoil and kidnap you, but He provided a safe asylum for you, strengthened you with His aid, and gave you good things (for sustenance), that ye might be grateful". (8.26) Anfal
13. "What is the matter with you, then, when ye are asked to go forth in the Way of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth?" (9.38) Tauba
14. "It is He who hath produced you from the earth and settled you therein; then ask forgiveness of Him and turn to Him". (11.61) Hud
15. "Nor withhold from the people the things that are their due, commit not evil in the land with intent to do mischief". (11.85) Hud
16. "Were you to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead you away from the Path of Allah" (6.116) Anam
17. "To Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and on the earth. He forgives whom He pleases, and He punishes whom He pleases". (3.129) Aly Imran
18. "He who forsakes his home in the cause of Allah, finds in the earth many a refuge, wide and spacious". (4.100) Nisaa
19. "It is Allah Who sends forth the winds, so that they raise up the clouds; and We drive them to a land that is dead and revive the earth therewith after its death". (35.9) Fatir
20. "And among His signs is this: that thou seest the earth barren and desolate; but when We send down rain to it, it is stirred to life and yields increase. Truly, He who gives life to the (dead) earth, can surely give life to (men) who are dead, for He has power over all things". (41.39) Fussilat
21. "Know ye that Allah giveth life to the earth after its death". (57.17) Hadid
22. "Have We not made the earth (as a place) to draw together". (77.25) Mursalat
23. "Therefore, I will not leave this land until my father permits me, or Allah commands me". (12.80) Yusuf
24. "And Allah sends down rain from the skies and gives therewith life to the earth after its death". (16.65) Nahl
25. "And further, thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)." (22.5) Hajj
26. "And He sends down rain from the sky and with it gives life to the earth after it is dead". (30.24) Rum
27. "The contemplate (oh, man) the memorials of Allah's Mercy! How He gives life to the earth after its death". (30.50) Rum
28. "A sign for them is the earth that is dead, We do give it life". (36.33) YaSin
29. "When the earth shall be shaken to its depths". (56.4) Al Waqia'
30. "Praise be to Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth". (6.1) Anam
31. "They say, was not the earth of Allah spacious enough. . . (for you to move yourselves away from evil)? (4.97) Nisaa
1. "To Allah belong the forces of the heavens and the earth". (48.4) Fath
2. "And when the word is fulfilled against them (the unjust), We shall produce from the earth a beast". (27.82) Naml
3. "And swell not thy cheek at men nor walk in insolence through the earth". (31.18) Luqman
4. "Go ye, then, for four months, backwards and forwards (as you will) through the land". (9.2) Tauba
5. "It is He who made you (His) agents, inheritors of the earth, He has raised you in ranks, some above others". (6.165) Anam
6. "And We split the earth in fragments" (80.26) Abasa
7. "Nor walk on the earth with insolence, for thou canst not rend the earth asunder, nor reach the mountains in height". (7.37) Bani Israil
8. "A revelation from Him Who created the earth and the heavens on high". (20.4) Taha
9. "Not for idle sport did We create the heavens and the earth and all that is between". (21.16) Anbiya
10. "It is He who brings out the living from the dead and brings out the dead from the living and Who gives life to the earth after it is dead" (30.19) Rum
11. "And when the earth is flattened out" (84.3) Inshiqaq
12. "When the earth is shaken to her (utmost) convulsion." (99.1) Zilzal
13. "And the earth throws
up her burdens (from within)". (99.2) Zilzal
1. "Glory to the Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Lord of the Throne". (63.82) Zukhruf
2. "And He hath put affection between their hearts; not if thou had spent all that is in the earth could you have produced that affection". (8.63) Al Anfal
3. "Every soul that has sinned, if it possessed all that is on earth, would fain give it in ransom". (10.54) Yunus
4. "Charity is for those in need, who, in Allah's cause, are restricted and cannot move about in the land". (2.273) Al Baqarah
5. "If ye are journeying through the earth and the chance of death befalls you" (5.109) Maida
6. "Allah said, did I not tell you that I know the secrets of the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you conceal?" (2.33) Al Baqarah
7. "When ye travel through the earth, there is no blame on you if you shorten your prayers". (4.101) Nisaa
8. "He has created the heavens and the earth in just proportions (bil Haqq)" (64.3) Taghabun
9. "Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse?" (68.2) Nabaa
10. "And it is He Who spread out the earth and set thereon, mountains, standing firm". (13.3) Ra'ad
11. "And the earth, We have spread out; and set thereon mountains, firm and immovable". (15.19) Hijr
12. "He Who has made for you the earth like a carpet spread out". (20.53) Taha
13. "Or, Who has made the earth firm to live in, made rivers in its midst, set thereon mountains immovable and made a separating bar between the two bodies of flowing water? (Can there be) another god besides Allah? (27.61) Naml
14. "Alllah created the heavens and the earth in true proportions". (29.44) Ankabut
15. "One day the earth will
be changed to a different earth". (14.48) Ibrahim
1. "Him to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. And Allah is witness to all things". (85.9) Buruj
2. "And He has subjected to you, as from Him, all that is in the heavens and on earth: behold, in that are signs indeed for those who reflect". (45.13) Jathiya
3. "On the earth are signs for those of assured faith". (51.20) Zariyat
4. "Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, let it declare the Praises and Glory of Allah". (57.1) Hadid
5. "Say, enough is Allah for a witness between me and you. He knows what is in the heavens and on earth". (29.52) Ankabut
6. "For nothing whatever is hidden from Allah, whether on earth or in heaven". (14.38) Ibrahim
7. "Do they see nothing in the government of the heavens and the earth and all that Allah hath created?" (7.185) Araf
8. "To Allah do belong the unseen (secrets) of the heavens and the earth". (11.123) Hud
9. "Oh, ye people, eat of what is on earth, lawful and good". (2.168) Baqarah
10. "It is He Who has made the earth manageable for you, so traverse ye through its tracts and enjoy of the sustenance which He furnishes . . . " (67.15) Mulk
11. "And verily We shall cause you to abide in the land, and succeed them". (14.14) Ibrahim
12. "The seven heavens and the earth and all beings therein, declare His Glory, there is not a thing but celebrates His Praise. And yet ye understand not how they declare His Glory". (7.44) Bani Israil
13. "Oh, my people, enter
the holy land which Allah hath assigned unto you". (5.23) Maida
1. "Whatever is in the heavens and on earth doth declare the Praises and Glory of Allah. . . " (64.1) Taghabun
2. "The heavens are almost rent asunder from above them (by His Glory) and the angels celebrate the Praises of their Lord and pray for forgiveness for all beings on earth. . . " (42.5) Shura
3. "Of Him seeks every creature in the heavens and the earth. Every day in (new) splendour does He (shine)". (55.29) Rahman
4. "Say, none in the heavens or on earth, except Allah, knows what is hidden. . . " (27.65) Naml
5. "And We wished to be gracious to those who were being depressed in the land, to make them leaders and make them heirs". (28.5) Qasas
6. "Verily, We established his power on earth and We gave him the ways and the means to all ends". (18.84) Kahf
7. "And the servants of Allah Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say 'peace' ". (25.63) Furqan
8. "One day the earth will be changed to a different earth. . . " (14.48) Ibrahim
9. "To Allah does belong the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein. And it is He who hath power over all things". (5.123) Maida
10. "And He is Allah in the heavens and on earth. He knoweth what ye hide and what ye reveal . . . " (6.3) Anam
11. "He said, it may be that your Lord will destroy your enemy and make you inheritors of the earth. . . " (7.129) Araf
12. "One day We shall remove the mountains and thou wilt see the earth as a level stretch, and We shall gather them all together, nor shall We leave out any one of them". (18.47) Kahf
13. "Before this, We wrote in the Psalms, after the Message (given to Moses); My servants, the righteous, shall inherit the earth". (21.105) Anbiyaa
14. "And those who are blessed shall be in the garden - they will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure. . . " (11.108) Hud
15. "And We already know how much of them the earth takes away. With Us is a record guarding (the full account).". (50.4) Qaf
16. "It is He Who created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions). The day He saith 'Be', behold, it is. His word is the Truth. . . " (6.73) Anam
17. "For me, I have set my face firmly and truly towards Him who created the heavens and the earth and never shall I give partners to Allah". (6.79) Anam
1. "It is He Who is Allah in heaven and Allah on earth, and He is full of Wisdom and Knowledge" (43.84) Zukhruf
2. "And Blessed is He to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all between them . . ." (43.85) Zukhruf
3. "To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth . . . " (45.27) Jathiya
4. "Then Praise be to Alllah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the earth. Lord and Cherisher of all the worlds". (45.36) Jathiya
5. "Oh, David, We did indeed make thee a vicegerent on earth, so judge thou between men in truth . . . "(38.26) Saad
6. "Lord of the heavens and of the earth and of all that is between them, so worship Him and be constant and patient in His worship. Knowest thou of any who is worthy of the same Name as He?" (19.65) Maryam
7. "Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (Allah) Most Gracious as a servant". (19.93) Maryam
8. "To Him belongs what is in the heavens and on earth and all between them, and all beneath the soil". (20.6) Taha
9. "To Him belong all (creatures) in the heavens and on earth. Even those who are in His (very) Presence are not too proud to serve Him, nor are they ever weary (of His service). (21.19) Anbiya
10. "Allah is the Light of the Heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as if there were a niche, and within it a lamp. The lamp enclosed in glass, the glass as it were a brilliant star, lit from a blessed tree. An olive, neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil is well nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it. Light upon Light! Allah does guide to His Light whom He will. Allah does set forth parables for men and Allah does know all things". (24.35) Nur
11. "Nor is hidden from they Lord (so much as) the weight of an atom on the earth or in the heaven. . . " (10.61) Yunus
12. "(Joseph) said, set me over the storehouse of the land. I will indeed guard them as one who knows". (12.55) Yusuf
13. "Say; shall I take for my protector other than Allah, the Maker of the heavens and the earth? And He it is that feedeth but is not fed. Say: Nay, but I am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah (in Islam), and be not in the company of those who join gods with Allah". (6.14) Anam
14. "To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He says to it 'Be', and it is". (2.117) Baqarah
15. "Do they seek for other than the religion of Allah? While all creatures in the heavens and on earth have, willing or unwilling, bowed to His Will. And to Him shall they all be brought back". (3.83) Aly Imran
16. "And the earth, moreover, has He extended (to a wide expanse)". (79.3) Nazia't
17. "It is We who will inherit the earth, and all beings therein, to Us will they all be returned". (19.40) Maryam
18. "His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth". (2.255 - Ayat al Kursi).
19. "They will say, Praise be to Allah, Who has fulfilled His promise to us and has given us the inheritance of the earth. We can dwell in the garden as we will. . . " (39.74) Zumar
|Back to index | Back to the top of this page | Sufi Books of Broken Hill|